Japan-Kansai Region Trip (Covering Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, USJ) 24-31 May 2017 Expenses summary

Well, it took me some effort to start writing because lately my time were all occupied. I have literally no time to touch my computer after work. Busy and superb busy. There is no procrastination issue here. I'm just, busy.

Alright, back to the topic, I'm definitely very excited to share with you guys my experience and total expenses I spent for this trip to Japan before I forget everything!



Flight

Firs thing first, I grabbed the Air Asia promo ticket during zero fare last year. It was a A-Year-Ahead planning, sounds crazy right? I grabbed the air ticket for the price of 871.08MYR (2-ways), inclusive of  1 meal, and 20kg luggage back and forth (because that's the minimal weight and I seriously think 20kg is more than enough if you are not a shopaholic, I did not used up my weight allowance anyway, there's still 5kg left)



Travel Insurance

This time, I did not buy the Air Asia travel insurance, instead I replaced the travel insurance with Etiqa world insurance for better medical/ accident coverage and etc. The sum insured and medical coverage is of course higher than that of Tune Protect from Air Asia. You may purchase Etiqa travel insurance via their webpage online. I have got myself a Platinum plan with cost amounting to 44.94 MYR (let's just round up to 45MYR).




Internet Connection 

I took Samurai Wifi unlimited package for 18MYR/day in this trip. Two people share one pocket wifi as it is easier to contact each other when we split up but this pocket wifi can actually shared up to 5 devices. The experience with this pocket wifi is so far ok, just bear in mind even the package stated it is unlimited, if you have spent over a certain limit (daily cap), the speed is reduce significantly. Apart from that, overall is still ok. At least it stays me connected.



Accomodation 

I'm kinda loyal customer of Airbnb. So as usual I got my accommodation booked through Airbnb website, There are 2 locations of stay in this trip, one is at Kyoto and another one is at Osaka. This is a trip of four, so our accomodation rate is all divided by 4.

In Kyoto, we booked our stay with Pastor Tomo. Here's the link of the house. The house wasn't very spaceful, it can accommodate up to 4 people yet it is a little packed for us to place our luggage. However the house is compact and well equipped. The condition of the house is exactly as shown in the photos from the webpage. The location of the house is very near to JR Nijo station and the nearby bus station so it is very convenient for us to get around in Kyoto with either JR train or Kyoto bus services.

In Osaka, we booked the stay with Yuuki's House. And here's the link of the house. This house is very spaceful and it can accommodate up to 6-8 people with moderate number of luggage. This house is a very good spot as it is very near to Namba station, Daikokucho station and Dotonburi. So it is very convenient for us to travel around and we can simply walk to Dotonburi and Shinsaibashi at night.

Summary of stay cost:
Kyoto - 201.25 MYR
Osaka - 366.75 MYR




Transportation 

As for transportation, it is another whole new level and lotsa things to write , so I decided to split it in another write up. I will get it ready and provide you guys the link in a later time. 

I will just write about the summary expenditure of transportation passes we used here. 

1. JR Haruka Express train > 1600 yen
2. Kyoto 1-day bus pass > 500 yen 
3. Nara bus pass > 500yen 
4. Osaka Amazing 2-days pass > 3300 yen 
5. Sagano Arashiyama romantic train (1 way) > 620 yen
6. Others: 4800 yen



Kimono Rental

We rented a Full package Kimono with Okamoto near Yasaka Jinja. We were thinking we should probably just try it once for the rest of the life, so we go for the full scale package includes hair styling. 

Girl: 5500 yen (Excluding 8% Japan government tax)
Boy: 4000 yen (Excluding 8% Japan government tax)

I personally very satisfy with their service and the choices of their Kimono is of vast color varieties. 



Tickets

1. Universal studio Japan- 305 MYR (got it during matta fair) 
2. Abeno Harukas 300 - 2000 yen 
3. Osaka Kaiyukan Aquarium- 2200 yen (with 100 yen discount from Osaka amazing pass) 
4. Umeda Sky building (free under Osaka Amazing pass)
5. Ferris wheel (free under Osaka Amazing pass)
6. Santa Maria Twilight cruise (free under Osaka Amazing pass)
7. Osaka Castle (free under Osaka Amazing pass)



Onsen

1. Fufunoyu Arashiyama - 1200 yen entrance fee, towel rental 250 yen
2. Spa Suminoe - Free under Osaka Amazing pass




Total expenses: 
1. Flight    - 871.08 MYR
2. Travel insurance   - 45MYR
3. Wifi   - (18MYR*8/2)= 72MYR
4. Accomodations   - 568 MYR
5. Transportation passes  - (11320yen /25) =  452.8 MYR
6. Kimono Rental   - ((5500*8/100)+5500)/25) = 237.6 MYR
7. Tickets  - ((2000+2200)/25) + 305 MYR   = 473 MYR
8. Onsen   - (1200+250)/25   = 58MYR


Grand summary: 2777.48 MYR


For Itinerary, kindly click here.
For Transportation info, click here.

Comments

Popular Posts